Guitarist needed for The Rhythm Section.
The Rhythm Section delivers high energy, engaging performances by providing the foundation for our Rockbands and Showbands. The Rhythm Section is comprised of Bass, Guitar, and Keys. The Rhythm Section, along with 1-2 vocalists, performs live sets covering a wide range of pop music from the 60s through today while also performing customized playlists for special events and holidays. In addition, select ships utilize all of parts of the Rhythm Section to provide additional musical support for production shows, variety entertainers, branded events or in conjunction with other musical acts on board.
• Advanced individual musical proficiency in tone, technique, articulation, dynamics, and phrasing.
• Advanced improvisational skills.
• Experience performing pop music from the 1960’s through today.
• Moderate to advanced proficiency in reading musical notation.
• Ability to learn music by ear.
• Ability to perform from memory.
• Ability to stand and move while performing.
• Backing vocalist experience preferred.
• The ability to extend beyond a performer into an entertainer.
• Applicable experience in wedding or bar bands, pit orchestras, and similar commercial music ensembles.
• Fluent proficiency in the English language with advanced English diction skills.
Due to health and safety the following is required:
• A BMI (Body Mass Index) of under 30.
• An approved pre employment medical exam, including drug test. (This is completed on confirmation of a position).
• Respect for rules on board regarding zero tolerance policies. Zero Tolerance Policies include Guest Fraternization, Theft, Drug Use, Alcohol Abuse, Harassment, Fighting, and Tampering with Safety Equipment.
• Where applicable, a C1/D visa and Police Background check may be required.
Apply now to book an audition! Successful applicants will embark on an exciting adventure traveling the world, earning a steady income while doing what they love, playing music.